When it comes to living a clean and sober lifestyle, more key factors play a roll over just stopping stopping the intake of mind altering substances. One needs to make fundamental changes to your lifestyle and behaviours to maintain sobriety. Overcoming substance abuse is only the first step in a challenging road to recovery.
Choosing to overcome addiction forces one to make drastic changes to one’s life. A healthy diet and regular exercise are only cogs in the wheel when it comes to social reintegration and living a normal healthy and sober life. At Liberty Home we look create a relaxed homey family atmosphere, a safe environment that gives guests an as close to a real world living to make residents ready to live a normal happy life after leaving our secondary care facility.
A Secondary Care Facility or Sober Home such as Liberty Home, cares for each of it’s residents like family and assists in reintegration back into the real world. However, to stay a Liberty Home, one must have completed a Primary Rehabilitation Course in a Rehabilitation Centre. After which residents can move into our reintegration programme.
The programme offers:
• Serenity (5/7) (07:30)
• Breakfast (7/7) & supper (5/7)
• Therapeutic duties & cooking
• Random drug & alcohol testing (+random room search)
• 1-1session with designated counsellor (once a week) (*extra session involves an extra cost of R750/session)
• 12-step program & meetings (+supervision with recovery assistant)
• Compulsory BRAAI followed by indoor life story (Sunday 17:00 – 20:00)
• Nutritionist once/week + meal plan (Melanie Harris) (*extra cost of R440/session)
• 1 community groups- (Monday: 12:00 – 13:00)
• 1 goals group + topic (Tuesday 09:00 – 10:00)
• 1 relapse prevention group (Wednesday: 17:00 – 18:00)
• 1 powerless & damages group (Thursday: 17:00 – 18:00)
• 1 physical activity (Friday 10:00 – 11:00)
• Personal trainer (on request) (*extra cost of R250/session)
• Full access to WIFI (Fibre)
All specifically catered to simulate a real world living experience designed to show residents that it is possible to maintain a happy and sober lifestyle, whilst being social and able to maintain healthy growing relationships.
For more information visit www.libertyhome.co.za, Liberty home is a Secondary care facility based in Cape Town South Africa and offers treatment and support in English, Afrikaans, Dutch and French.